Friday

Caption/Title Contest: Thematic Apperception Test

Caption or title this image and Win this Drawing on the Right
The contest closes Wednesday June 8, 2011 


oil on masonite panel 10"x8"vintage frame, magnifying glass

Enter your caption in the comments section and or send me an email so that I can let you know if you won.
kmencher@ohlone.edu

Write a new title or short caption (one to several sentences) about what you think this painting and drawing are about and the best entry will win this preliminary study.

The Thematic Apperception Test, or TAT, is a projective measure intended to evaluate a person's patterns of thought, attitudes, observational capacity, and emotional responses to ambiguous test materials. In the case of the TAT, the ambiguous materials consist of a set of cards that portray human figures in a variety of settings and situations. The subject is asked to tell the examiner a story about each card that includes the following elements: the event shown in the picture; what has led up to it; what the characters in the picture are feeling and thinking; and the outcome of the event.

So watch out what you write or maybe someone will think you're nuts!


More competitions on my site:
http://www.kenney-mencher.com/



11 comments:

  1. "Scrutiny" - TAT this Menchie! Submission by V. Kiszka

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came in on Facebook:
    Patricia Panzarino "Warning: perception requires involvement."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! You think they'll talk back to ya?
    You think you need a magnifying glass to look me in the eyes, buddy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! I forgot the first part of my entry I pasted - sorry!
    ______________________

    Feeling the discomfort of the conversation as well as his stare, she boldly questioned him, "Hey! You think they'll talk back to ya?
    You think you need a magnifying glass to look me in the eyes, buddy?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. All The Better To See You With, My Dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To take V. Kiszka's TAT a step further (or back):
    "ScrewTiny"

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Ask your questions if you must ....but you forget, My Dear, who is the cat and who is the mouse."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Franco sent me this by e-mail:
    "Misdirection"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry that I got behind in a bunch of work. I know that I owe people some drawings and I need to post some new caption and or fiction contests.

    Here's the winning entry:

    bobbell45 said...

    "Ask your questions if you must ....but you forget, My Dear, who is the cat and who is the mouse."

    ReplyDelete
  10. This came in after the original due date on Facebook but I thought it was cool!

    I think it is the close scrutiny of the recent case of the Mother's trial alleged of killing her daughter. It resembles her image. My verdict....she is guilty, of at least child neglect.....but the law and the game of law.....what and where is justice???

    ReplyDelete