Monday

“The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt” by Caroline Preston

 One of the most exciting books/projects that I've come across in a long time is “The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt” by Caroline Preston. You gotta check out this book. It's kind of what I thought "The Griffin and Sabine Story" by Nick Bantock should have been but this one is better!
 
Caroline Preston has done something really amazing combining a kind of scrap book esthetic with a genuinely great story.  

The book from the point of view of a visual artist is next to flawless.  Each page is a sort of Duchamp or Hannah Hoch like collage but is understated rather than overburdened. The visual project is appropriately and almost effortlessly wed to the insanely good story!  I found myself at times so caught up in the book that I lost myself in it and became unaware of how the pictures and text interrelated.  I think I'm gonna have to read this book many many times.  If you want to preview the book you can do this on Caroline Preston's website at:
http://carolinepreston.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment