Saturday

The Trick, framed assemblage and painting 11"x14" with a short story


The Trick, framed assemblage and painting 11"x14"  $125

"The Trick" by Michael Gray

Tammy Sue taught me the trick when she was visiting with Aunt Betsy last summer. I didn't believe her until she showed me. She is older than me and has many boy friends, she says.

Poppa tells me I have legs like my grandma. I wish they were more like Aunt Betsy's. I wish they were like any one's; like someone famous or some famous person's wife. Just not like grandma's. I hate them.

And everyone is bigger than me. I tissue them sometimes, hoping Bobby will notice. He almost talked to me once, but was called away by his mean friends. I don't even look at them, so I don't know why they even bother being mean. But they always do.

Bobby and I are going to get married and have a great big family. We're gonna have dogs, and chickens, and a big farm. Once, I did the trick too hard and a little blood came out. All of the other times it's worked though. No one even knows.

My hair is short, so I don't have to worry about that. Tammy Sue told me to keep it short, so I do because that's a good idea. I did almost get caught that one time. My shirt was pulled down, so that it didn't get messy, and my brother walked in. I told him I thought I had a rash and was checking. He believed it, but didn't come near me for a week.

My legs still look like grandma's, but they are getting better, I think. Tammy Sue says she's been in love a bunch of times. My dad says they're buds, but one day, those will look like grandma's too.
__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment