Sunday

The Frye Museum in Seattle


Over my break I visited a lot of museums. Some of the things that I noticed in particular were how museums are curated.   I wanted to share some pictures of this one in particular. The Frye Art Museum in Seattle has a core collection of nineteenth-century landscapes; originally a collection that showed landscapes from the Seattle area and also transcendental landscapes it now shows some contemporary stuff but I still found the original collection of landscapes to be the most compelling, beautiful and interesting.

I thought the most recent installation was creative because it lined a series of beautiful landscapes along a single unified horizon line. What was neat was it was punctuated by the 19th century frames and different painting styles. Even the subject matter of the paintings were varied from summer seascapes to streams and farm scenes. I just thought it was kind of neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment