Wednesday

Damon Albarn

Damon Albarn., 9 x 12" on 60 lbs sketchbook paper pencil by Kenney Mencher
I've been asking people to send me pictures of celebrities and heroes that they would like to see me draw so I did this one.

I have no idea who this guy is except for one of my students whose taste I respect suggested I look at his work. So I just made a channel on my Pandora and I'm starting to listen to his work. He sounds very arty so far and that's kind of fun. He also sounds very sincere.

Here's his bio info from the IMDb
Mini Biography

Damon Albarn was born in Whitechapel Hospital, London. He was the son of Keith (a former luminary of England's late-1960s psychedelic rock scene that yielded Soft Machine and others) and Hazel (a stage designer for Joan Littlewood's theatre company). Arriving in Colchester, Essex in the late '70s, the young Damon began studying music (the piano) and drama. He met Graham Coxon, guitar genius in Stanway Comprehensive School and they formed a group named 'Seymour' later changed to 'Blur', perhaps one of the greatest modern rock groups these days. Damon is the leadsinger of 'Blur' as well as writes songs and plays keybords. His witty, sarcastic lyrics are exquisitely combined with unique sounds, influenced by Beatles, Rolling stones, Kinks and Small Faces. He split with Justine Frischman, frontwoman of 'Elastica' in 1998. _Face (1997)_ is his debut film.

No comments:

Post a Comment