Tuesday

The Art of Wayne Jiang

I met Wayne several years ago I show at the Palo Alto Pacific Art League. He's a very nice guy and a good artist so I thought I'd share his newsletter with you.




You are receiving this newsletter because you are on the Art of Wayne Jiang’s mailing list. If you want to unsubscribe, go to the unsubscribe link at the bottom of this email.
 
2013 Highlights
  •   I had a solo exhibit of my night paintings called Night Meditation at the Morris Graves Museum in Eureka, CA. The exhibit had 45 night paintings ranging from figurative to suburban street scenes.
     
  • My wife Patricia Delich and I had the world premiere of our first feature length documentary film called Hearts of the Dulcimer at a film festival in Arkansas.
     
  •  My watercolor sketch of Lead Belly, the famous folk singer, was published in the book Lead Belly: A Life in Pictures.
     

What's new for 2014

 

 Paintings will focus on the following themes:



Panoramic format 
Interior
Night 
Still Life
Restaurant
Landscape

 

Painting Workshops
 

I will start teaching painting workshops from my studio in Pacifica. The first workshop will be offered the last 2 weekends in April.



Paint Like the Old Dutch Masters with Acrylic

April 19, 20, 26, 27, 2014

Sanchez Art Center Studio, Pacifica, CA

Workshop duration: 4 days, 6.5 hours per day (10 am-4:30 pm)
First time students: $240 per participant (all materials included)
Repeat students: $200 per participant
Maximum class enrollment is 7.

For more info go to: http://www.waynejiang.com/workshop/dutchmasteracrylic.html
To register go to: http://waynejiang.com/workshop/dutch_acrylic_reg.html

 

Upcoming Publications
 

Man Who Walks on Salt
An illustrated book on dealing with loss by Seattle writer Jeff Williams. I painted all the illustrations in this book.

Finder of Lost Objects
A mystery novel by San Francisco writer Susie O’Hara will be published by Ithuriel Press in March 2014. My painting Back Door #1 will be the cover for this book.

Night Meditations by Wayne Jiang
A collection of my night paintings from 2002-2014 will be available through print on demand later this year. Stay tuned for more information!


You can see my paintings in person in the following galleries:

STUDIO Gallery 

Gary Francis Fine Art

Elliott Fouts Gallery



Have an artful new year.
Wayne Jiang


 
Copyright © 2014 by Wayne Jiang, All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment