Thursday

N.C. Wyeth, Chuck and Me

“Chuck’s Frolic” oil on linen canvas 40”x30”
So the other day I my post dealt with some of the influences regarding Edward Hopper and Emily Dickinson, but, one of my all time favorite illustrators was N.C. Wyeth and so I thought it might be cool to show you my use and abuse of his work as well.  My students always ask me if this is plagiarism. I guess in twentieth century way it probably could be considered copyright infringement, but, in an art historical sense it’s standard practice.  For example look at Cimabue and Giotto, separated at birth?
So here’s a painting of Robin Hood by N.C. Wyeth.

Here is a  reference photo I took of my little guy, Chuck, playing with another Chihuahua names Angel.  This one is actually a Adobe Photoshop collage I did to work out some compositional bugs.
 Here’s my finished painting of “Chuck’s Frolic” oil on linen canvas 40”x30”

No comments:

Post a Comment